Organizers: Taipei City Government, Taipei Financial Center Corporation
Title Sponsor: CTBC BANK
Main Sponsor: adidas
Executed by: Peace Marketing Taiwan, Inc.
Coordinated by: Chinese Taipei Road Running Association (CTRRA)
Date: May 1, 2016
Location: Taipei 101
Distance: 91 Floors (total of 2046 steps)
➊ Individuals from 15 years of age to 69 years of age (born from 1947 to 2001) are eligible to participate in the race event. However, individuals who are younger than 18 years of age (born from 1998 to 2001) must also provide the acknowledgement and authorization declaration form from his/her parent or guardian with signature prior to April 8, 2016, and after having completed the related registration and payment procedures.
➋ Celebrity Relay Teams: Each team will comprise 20 team members who will complete the course of 91 floors in a relay format (Teams to be invited by the Organizers).
➌ Individuals: On-line entry only and limited to 3000 participants 1,000 quotes are reserved for CTBC VISA credit/debit card users. Payment transactions must be completed in order to successfully complete the registration procedure.
➍ Corporate Team：Open to all corporate or organizations and each team are formed by 20 members. Number of Teams is limited to 30 with eligibility according to entry order. All team members shall verify their identity as being a member of the Team Organization as necessary and the top three finishing Teams shall provide proof documents verifying that all of the Team's participating members belong to the respective Team Organization; otherwise the Team will be disqualified from the competition and the next highest finishing Team will receive the award.
➎ All persons may only participate in one type of competition (Celebrity Relay category or Individual category or Corporate Team category). If it has been confirmed that a person has registered or participated in more than one type of competition, then the person shall be withdrawn from the competition and not be entitled to a refund.
➏ If it has been confirmed that a person has used banned substances or is responsible for any type of fraudulent activity while participating in the competition, the person and/or the Team that the person is a member of (if applicable) will be with withdrawn from the competition (no ranking and no result) and be subject to further investigation and legal consequences if necessary.
How to register:
Registration Period: April 1 (Friday) at 12pm, 2016 to April 7, 2016(Thursday) at 5pm or when race becomes full (whichever occurs first).
➊ Individuals: Register at the 2015 Taipei 101 Run-up website: http://www.taipei-101.com.tw/ Please be sure to select an appropriate payment transaction method and make the payment within the stipulated payment time limit accordingly. No changes to the registration information will be permitted after completing registration.
☉ Credit Card Payment：
Payment can be made by Master Card, VISA or JCB Credit Card transactions. Participants get 10% off if they use CTBC VISA credit/debit card to make the payment. Organizer will donate 5% of the registration fee that are paid by CTBC VISA credit/debit card to CTBC Charity Foundation.
☉ 7-ELEVEN ibon Payment：
Payment can be made by using the 7-ELEVEN ibon service --- please note that the payment transaction must be completed by 2pm on the following calendar day in order to successfully complete the registration procedure.
➋ Corporate Team: All Teams must provide their related Declaration Forms, Team Name List, Certificate of Incorporation, Entry Fee and deliver the documents to the Chinese Taipei Road Running Association (CTRRA) Address: Room 206, 2nd Floor, No. 55, Changji St., Datong District, Taipei, or P.O. Box 47-110, Taipei 103 Taiwan.
➌ Prior to registering, please assess your health and strength in order to be sure that you will be able to complete the Taipei 101 Run-up and note that once registration has been completed no changes to any of the registration info, including names, categories, t-shirt sizes, etc., shall be permitted and no requests for any refund will be granted.
➍ L size will be granted in case no size is indicated during the registration. The committee will have the right to change your t-shirt size if there are not enough of the relevant sizes available.
1. Individual runners must wear the outfit which is provided by the organizers to participate in the race.
2. Corporate Team runners are free to wear their own uniforms to display their company identity and/or image.
Note：Please note Corporate Teams Entries will be notified by email on April 13 whether or not they have been registered in the competition and can also query via the search/query function on the CTRRA website.
Rules and Regulations:
1. How to check-in:
After the runners complete the application procedure, check-in to pick up your items as follows:
☉ In person:
Time: 2016 April 29 to 30 (Fri to Sat) 09:00am to 5:00pm (no extended hours).
Location:adidas 101 park； Zhuangjing Rd.,Sec. 5, Xinyi Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110, Taiwan (R.O.C.) ＜Zhuangjing Rd. Entrance＞
Tel: +886 922053012 Fax: +886-2-25996716
➊ Please bring your email pick-up notice with you.
➋ If you are unable to pick up your race package, you can have someone else to pick up your package on your behalf, but your representative must still bring your pick-up notice. The CTRRA will not be responsible for any mistakes made in picking up packages on someone else’s behalf.
➌ If for some reason you still have not received your pick-up notice by the day you need to pick up your race package, please check your registration info on the CTRRA website and bring your registration info and ID with you for picking up your race package.
☉ Race Package Received by Mail (In Taiwan only)
If you wish to receive your package by mail, please indicate on the application form as instructed during registration (additional postal fee required)
➊ Please be sure to indicate the proper address on the entry form to mail the race package. The race packages include bib number, champion chip and souvenir, which will be mailed to the indicated address 3 days prior to the race event.
➋ The CTRRA will not be responsible for race packages that for some reason could not be delivered and were consequently returned to the CTRRA. If your race package for some reason was returned to the CTRRA, you can pick it up at the CTRRA office during office hours (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 12 Noon and 1:30pm to 5:30pm) up to one week after the race event (May 3 – May 6). One week after the race event, any race packages remaining unclaimed at the CTRRA office shall be discarded.
➌ A postage fee must be paid along with the entry fee, Individuals-NT$100 per person, Corporate Team- NT$600 per Team.
☉ Race package Pick-up at the Race Event (please avoid pick-up on race day if possible)
➊ If for some reason you are unable to pick-up your race package in person before the race competition, you can pick up your race package at the race event with an additional fee.
➋ An additional cost amounting to the same amount as that for receiving the package by mail will be charged for receiving the package at the race site.
➌ Please bring your pick-up notice with you to pick up your race package at the site from 7:00am to 12:00pm. There will be no pick up of race packages at the race site after 12:00pm.
※ If you do not pick up your race package in time you will automatically be forfeited from the race and not permitted to enter the race course.
※ Participants who registered but were unable to pick up their race package may pick up their race packages in the week following the race event (May 3 – May 6) during working hours at the CTRRA. One week after the race event any race packages remaining unclaimed at the CTRRA office shall be discarded.
2. On the competition date, each racer will undergo a pre-race health checkup first, and then retrieve your qualified number. All racers must run in sequence according to the qualified number. Only the racers with the qualified number can enter the race course.
3. If after a retest a racer still does not pass the health examination, then in consideration of your own safety and according to the doctor's recommendation, such racers will have to quit the race without any refund or filling up of the resulting vacant position.
4. Please wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the race and refer to the race bulletin and website for your stipulated time periods for participating in the event.
5. Starting times may be adjusted depending on the actual conditions. Please follow the officials’ instructions for the starting order and procedures.
6. Race Timing Chip:
「Taipei 101 International Run-up Competition」will provide entrants the Race Timing Chip to record the race times. All racers will receive the chip along with the racing bib and souvenir when checking in. Please refer to the provided instructions or ask one of the officials at the race site for any inquiries on how to wear the race timing chip. Final race results will be according to the times recorded by the chip and shall be displayed or announced by the event organizers.
Competitors who commit the following violations listed below will have their race results disqualified from the competition with no refund.
➊ Not being fully clothed or wearing proper clothing (for example - no slippers).
➋ Removal of any clothing items during the competition.
➌ Making loud noises during the competition.
➍ Carrying prohibited items. In order to maintain safety, items such as backpacks, bottles of water and any other items which could endanger the safety of participants are prohibited from the race course. Please follow the official's instructions.
Competitors who commit the following violations listed below will have their race results disqualified from the competition.
➊ It is prohibited to take the lift up or receive assistance from another person or party during the competition.
➋ If you need to take a rest, please inform the staff and follow the directions to the rest area. It is prohibited to sit down wherever you may be in order to make sure that you are not stopping or in the way of other runners.
➌ Any runners using substitute runners will have their results disqualified from the competition plus they will be banned from participating in any CTRRA activity or event for one year and be announced on the web site.
➊ Competition disputes: during the race competition, competitors may not dispute the referees and officials.
➋ Dispute procedure: any dispute concerning the competition should be brought to the organizers attention within ten minutes after finishing the race and at the same time a deposit of NT$3,000 must be submitted. If the judges of the review committee conclude that the dispute is not justified, then the NT$3,000 deposit shall not be returned.
Prizes and awards
If the amount of cash awarded is more than NTD$19,999, then 10% tax will be deducted for winners who are citizens of Taiwan and 20% tax will be deducted for winners who are not citizens of Taiwan (It is necessary to bring a photocopy of your ID with you.)
➊ Individual runners: Cash rewards and trophies will be awarded to the top three runners in both the men and women groups. Also, the first male and female finishers from Taiwan will receive cash rewards and trophies; however, if the first male and female finishers from Taiwan are also one of the top overall finishers, they will not receive any cash rewards and trophies which are allocated to the top three overall finishers.
➋ Corporate Teams：The top 3 teams will be awarded cash prizes, trophies and medals.
➌ All finishers may obtain their finisher certificate before 3:00pm on race day at the competition venue (no extended hours).
➍ Results will also be published on the website after May 6.
Notice: (Please read carefully)
1. Do not register if there are any health concerns such as heart diseases, etc. The organizers will not be held responsible for persons concealing such conditions.
2. The water station service will be set up on the first 91st floors and on the way to the top.
3. Storage of Personal Belongings:
➊ If participants wish to check in their personal belongings, please use your racing bib number to check in and retrieve your personal belongings bag. Please follow the instructions in the bulletin and arrive at the storage of personal belongings area 30 minutes beforehand.
➋ Storage of personal belongings bags will begin at 7:00am on the race day (May 1st, 2016) . All bags must be checked out before 15:00pm. (Please store all valuable personal belongings in a secure place. The event organizers shall not be responsible for the loss of any personal items).
4. Safety first. Please be sure that there is nothing wrong with your condition before starting the race. The referees or doctor have the right to stop any racer from continuing depending on his/her physical condition.
5. The Race Timing Chip is used to record the race times. Please refer to the provided instructions or ask one of the officials at the race site for any inquiries on how to fasten the race timing chip. The event organizers will not be held responsible if there is no record on your race timing chip due to your improper usage.
6. After checking in, keep safe custody of your race timing chip and bib number. The Organizers will not replace any lost numbers or chips. You will automatically be forfeited from the race without your bib number and not permitted to enter the race course.
7. All participants shall agree to allow any video recording, photos, etc., of the race event be used for promotional and publication purposes.
8. Any revisions to race event information will be announced by the CTRRA. If for some reason the race event is cancelled due to force majeure, a 50% refund will be granted to all paid participants.
9. Any further announcements or revisions to these regulations will be announced by the event organizers and indicated on the CTRRA website.
Insurance against Public Accidents
1. Dear runners: Sport keeps one healthy. Yet, one must consider his / her adequate sleep the night before the competition and finish breakfast 2 hours before the competition. The first-aid service association will provide first-aid for emergency. Any complications arising out of any illness of runners will not be covered in this accident insurance. The event committee will provide public accident insurance with coverage at NT$1 million for every runner. (See policy terms for details of the insurance.)
2.The insured shall be liable for the compensation of injuries, death or property damage that caused to a third party when the following accidents occurred during the policy is in force. When the insured claim indemnification from this company, we shall indemnify the insured:
➊ Accidents out of running occurred to the insured or its employees on the competition route as stated in the policy.
➋ Accidents occurred to the insured due to the buildings, passages, machineries or other working objects on the competition route.
3. Items not covered by the insurance : (1) Sport-related injuries due to personal illness (2) Signs and symptoms that caused by personal problems or cardiovascular disorders, such as shock, heart disease, heat exhaustion, diabetes, heatstroke, altitude illness, epilepsy, dehydration, etc.
Race Day Schedule：
The above starting time for running is estimation only. The actual starting time may depend on conditions on site, please be patient.